SCHOOL POLICIES CONTINUED
- CONFERENCES — Teachers are usually available for conferences after 2:35 p.m. daily. An appointment should be made since often staff meetings, chairmanship responsibilities or teachers' workshops are previously scheduled. School policy requires that no one go to a classroom to confer with a teacher during school hours.
Parent Conferences are scheduled for the first week of December. During parent conference week, dismissal time is 12:50 p.m.
- BIRTHDAY CELEBRATIONS — Students' birthdays are acknowledged at the Morning Assemblies. We do NOT hold birthday parties during the school instructional day. No large items (balloons, flowers, party favors) will be allowed in your child's classroom. "Treats" will be distributed during recess, lunch or a few minutes prior to dismissal. Some parents choose to donate a book to the classroom or school Library in their child's name. NO party invitations are to be distributed at school.
- RAINY DAYS — Students brought to school should proceed directly to the breakfast line and then to the multipurpose room. There is no change in the length of the school day. Please discuss with your child how he/she will go home on rainy days.
- REGULAR HOURS OF ATTENDANCE — CHILDREN SHOULD NOT ARRIVE AT SCHOOL BEFORE 7:30 A.M. Arrangements must be made for children to be picked up at their proper dismissal times. Children may not wait in the front of campus for pick-up after 2:45 p.m. Children who have not been picked-up after 2:45 p.m. will be sent to the yard where supervision is provided through the Beyond the Bell Program.
- AFTERSCHOOL PLAYGROUND CLOSING TIME — The Youth Services playground closes promptly at 6:00 p.m. and no staff will be on duty after that time. It is each parent's/guardian's responsibility to provide appropriate supervision and transportation home to ensure the safety and well-being of your child(ren). Your cooperation in this matter is appreciated.
- LOCKED CAMPUS DURING CLASS HOURS — Pursuant to District Policy to provide as safe a campus as possible, ail gates will be locked at 8:11 a.m. and reopened at 2:30 p.m. All visitors must sign-in at the office before entering the campus.
- EMERGENCY AFTER-HOURS TELEPHONE NUMBERS — Security Section (re: vandalism, loitering, etc.) 213 625-6631-, Police Emergencies 213-625-3311; Fire and Ambulance 231-485-6244-, Graffiti removal 311.
There are to be no parent-teacher conferences held during the instructional day. Parents can conference with teachers before or after school.
Parents who wish to observe in their child's classroom during the school day are to check in at the Main Office. Visitations are limited to twenty minutes.