Welcome to Portola Highly
Gifted Magnet Center!
The Highly Gifted Magnet (HGM) at Portola
Middle School, LAUSD,
is an academically challenging program comprised of students from
all parts of Los Angeles. The Highly Gifted environment facilitates
learning at advanced levels that challenge students and enable
* Specialized program for qualified highly
* School within a school
* Academic classes within magnet
* Enriched and accelerated academic opportunities
* Individualized attention within program
* Electives and physical education in host school
* Extra-curricular opportunities
* Excellence stressed in all classes
* Interest areas encouraged
* Students encouraged to develop unique skills at individual rates
* Classes aimed at building concepts in all disciplines
* Multi-cultural student body
* Professional experts included to enhance total program
* Experienced/talented staff
Please browse the rest of the site for additional
detailed information. If you have questions that are not answered on
site, please contact the Magnet Coordinator, Tom Rawley, at (818)
342-6173 ext.155 email@example.com
, or the Magnet Clerk, Georgia Hanchera, at (818) 342-6173 ext.154.
A Note to Parents...
We have provided the following websites for
your child's fun and enjoyment and to assist them in conducting research
on the web. Please take note that because of the nature of the Internet,
and the World Wide Web in particular, it is still possible to access a
series of links that may take one to almost anywhere. In otherwords, in
spite of our efforts to supply appropriate material and links on this
page, parents should supervise children while they surf the Web. LAUSDnet
recommends that before allowing your children to travel the Web, you read
Parent's Guide to the Internet by the U.S. Dept. of Education with your
For problems or questions
regarding this web contact the Portola
Last updated: March 14, 2006
Copyright-2003 © Los
Angeles Unified School District - All rights reserved.
The District Logo and other District Artwork posted on LAUSDnet pages
are protected by US and International CopyrightLaw.
They may not be duplicated/copied for use in other documents by non-District
Personnel nor used on non-lausdnet pages (http://www.lausd.k12.ca.us)
without notifying firstname.lastname@example.org
nor can any of the artwork be altered in anyway by anyone, District or
non-district, without expressed written permission.
LAUSDnet users are reminded that motion pictures, television programs
and sound recording files are protected by copyright law. Copying and/or
downloading these files is prohibited.